Although spiders play an important role in keeping other creepy crawlies at bay, they can soon become unwelcome guests themselves if they decide to make their home in your Perth property. Since our eight-legged friends are generally more active in the warmer months, summer is a great time to call on Perth’s pest control experts to help solve your spider problems.
Common spider nesting grounds
Different types of spiders prefer different nesting grounds, but most tend to spin their webs in dry and sheltered areas. You are likely to find these creepy crawlies hiding under rocks, logs and other sheltered spaces in gardens and lawns. However, some spiders prefer the indoors and will take up residency in undercover areas such as garages, sheds, basements and attics.
Since spiders often prey on other creepy crawlies, they tend to move in next to other insect nests – now that’s what I call an unfriendly neighbour! If you spot an insect infestation, this is generally a good indication that a spider isn’t far away.
Safeguarding your home
It’s always easier to safeguard your Perth home or office against spiders and other unwanted guests before they become a problem. There are several preventative measures you can take to help reduce the chance of a spider infestation in your home.
- Ensure your home is sealed – consider installing fly screens and tight-fitted windows to stop spiders and other creepy crawlies from sneaking in.
- Avoid leaving clothing on the floor – spiders tend to nestle in sheltered areas, so avoid leaving loose items lying around inside your house.
- Check your shoes – remember spiders like dark, sheltered areas. If you’ve noticed any unwanted guests in your property, make sure to check your shoes before you put them on.
- Keep your home free from creepy crawlies – most spiders feed on other spiders and insects, so maintaining an insect-free house is an effective way of preventing infestations.
- If you do notice an insect infestation in your home or commercial property, seek professional help to eradicate the problem and prevent further spider infestations.
- Wear gloves when gardening to prevent unwanted encounters with any resident spiders.
Time to call the experts
Although preventative measures can reduce the chance of spider infestations, some situations do require professional help. If you notice spiders starting to nest in large numbers on your property, it may be time to call the Perth pest control experts before the issue escalates. Similarly, if you believe a dangerous species of spider may have invaded your property, you should call an experienced pest control service who is well equipped to deal with the situation.
Perth-based Bug Busters are pest control professionals who are highly trained in dealing with insect and rodent infestations. Our experienced technicians offer reliable, one-stop solutions to your pest problems across Perth. We use a range of effective treatments and prevention methods depending on your situation, so you can rest assured that we will have the appropriate pest control solution for you.