The sun is out and so are the spiders! Whilst spiders don’t tend to act unless provoked, the critters can get nasty if they decide to take a bite. Perth’s pest control experts are at hand this summer to help keep your Perth home and business free from spiders and other biting bugs.
Despite their reputation as one of Perth’s most dangerous animals, spiders will only bite you if they feel disturbed or threatened. Our eight-legged friends only feed on other insects, so you don’t have to worry about becoming a spider’s dinner anytime soon!
Whilst most spider bites are relatively harmless to humans, it’s important to be able to identify bites from potentially poisonous species such as Australia’s red-back spider. In any case, being bitten is never a pleasant experience, and is always best avoided.
How to prevent spider bites
- If you’ve noticed any spiders lurking around the house, make sure you wear long-sleeved clothes to avoid being bitten.
- Be on the look-out for spider webs when spring (or summer) cleaning…you don’t want to disturb any unwelcome guests!
- If you notice a spider infestation in your house or business, it’s always better to leave the critters alone and call in experts who are trained to remove them safely.
- Check shoes and other loose items for creepy crawlies before you put them on.
- Keep a tidy house. By removing rubbish and other potentially inviting debris, you reduce the chances of a spider moving in.
What to do if you’ve been bitten:
If you think you’ve been bitten by a spider, it’s important to remain calm to prevent multiple bites. Minor spider bites cause symptoms such as itching, swelling and burning sensations, and can usually be treated with an ice-pack or cold compression. However, different people can have different reactions to a spider’s venom, so it’s always a good idea to monitor the bitten area and seek medical advice if symptoms don’t go away.
If you’ve been bitten by a venomous spider such as Perth’s red-back spider, you should seek immediate medical assistance. The red-back spider can be easily recognised by the bright red markings on its back. However, if you are having trouble identifying the critter, try to get a photo (from a distance) so someone can identify it at a later stage.
Call in the experts:
Whilst there are several steps you can take to avoid being bitten by spiders, the most effective way of preventing spider bites is to remove the biting bugs before they get you! Calling in a professional pest control service is the best way to ensure that your Perth home or commercial property is free from spider infestations.
At Bug Busters, we offer a reliable and effective spider control service throughout the Perth metro area. Our trained professionals are experienced in the safe removal of spiders, insects, rodents and other pests.